Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Flour & Stone - Woolloomooloo

Flour & Stone is one of those tiny and unassuming places that steal your heart away, with delicious home style baked goods. After seeing countless tweets and instragrams of the gorgeous lamington and doughnuts, I knew I had to get myself there!

It seems a little bit out of the way, tucked in a quiet street in Woolloomooloo. In actual fact, it's only about a ten minute stroll from Town Hall station. I do wish I were able to walk from work (Surry Hills) during my lunch break, though that would probably be quite dangerous. 

Leek and gruyere tart - perfect tart base, with the filling just melting in my mouth

Ratatouille and fetta pie - sinful buttery pastry encasing the hearty filling, definitely one of the best pies I've ever had

I didn't have dessert there, but instead brought home a nice little haul:

Raspberry and vanilla doughnut - a sweet and sugary sight to behold

Raspberry and vanilla filling

The famous pannacotta lamington - I love lamingtons, and Flour & Stone's fancy version is amazing

The stuff dreams are made of

Lemon drizzle cake - Dense cake with a wonderful citrus tang. It was wonderful, but I couldn't eat the whole piece in one sitting as it was too sweet (I saved it for later, to have with a cup of tea)

Definitely one of those places I'll keep going back to, to sample more of the menu (and of course, to pick up some more doughnuts and lamingtons!) Get in early on the weekends to avoid missing out.

Flour and Stone on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

chocolatesuze said...

absolutely looooveeee the pies at flour and stone!

Missy Piggy said...

Is it really only a 10min walk from Town Hall station...wowzers! That is close. The food looks great - I want to try one of those doughnuts...

Tina @ bitemeshowme said...

I LOVE THIS PLACE! Best lamingtons, hands down!