Saturday, 13 October 2012

Hana Hana - Haymarket, Surry Hills

After hearing about the new Mappen-like ramen joint hidden on Thomas street in Haymarket, and how they had an even bigger selection of side dishes, I knew I had to go.

Besides no lines, the seating is also less crowded. Bonus! They also have a novelty touch screen ordering system, placed at the front of the restaurant. You place your order first and then go collect it at the counter. 

I'm intrigued by the hana hana style okonomiyaki, which is a Japanese pancake with noodles

Croquette and scallop chrysanthemum tempura - some interesting offerings in the fried section. 

Creamy japanese potato salad
Jellyfish salad

Seaweed salad

Bukkake soba

Mixed tempura - eggplant, pumpkin, lotus root and capsicum

I love the endless selection of side dishes available here. My heart is still with Mappen, though Hana Hana is a great alternative to the lining up and crowds!

Hana Hana on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Missy Piggy said...

I'm with you - this place is GREAT when you just went to eat noodles & not line up. There's another new place too...called Dragon Boy in World Square (near the big bull). It was yummy!