Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Ladurée - Westfield Sydney


After touching down in Sydney, Ladurée's opening in Westfield Sydney. I knew I had to go! Expanding on Sydney's obsession with macarons, Laduree is one of the most famous macaron makers in the world.

It's not surprise that most people in line were female (or males being dragged along or trying to score brownie points with their girlfriends/wives) with their pastel sweet treats and pretty packaging. 
 I went on a Saturday afternoon and the line was snaking across the whole store, with the dine-in line being marginally faster.

The macaron menu

Ladurée offer a wide range of teas on their dine in menu - so many aromatic blends that I had trouble deciding on one!

 Signature Ladurée packaging - love how you can choose the colour of the box. 

 My eat in selection - unfortunately I chose all the marshmallow flavours, which didn't quite live up to their expectation. The flavours included lemon lime, violet and almond. 

The Josephine - delicate blend of tangerine, grapefruit, orange and lemon tea scattered with jasmine flowers

The Darjeeling Namring - Delicate Darjeeling blend tea with almond and peach flavours from different Darjeeling gardens located on the foothills of the Himalayas at an average altitude of 2000 meters.

I took advantage of dining in and also ordered some macarons to take away (as the takeaway queue was insane!)

 I chose the gorgeous lilac box

 Salted caramel, lemon, pistachio, vanilla, raspberry and coffee

After trying the marshmallow ones, I didn't know what to expect of these, but damn, they were good. SO much better than the marshmallow ones. I would definitely recommend choosing the regular flavours, especially the salted caramel.

Loved The Josephine tea so much that a tin of it was purchased along with the macarons

A very welcome addition to the macaron family in Sydney, though my next visit will only be when the lines have died down. 


Ladurée on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

Christine @ Cooking Crusade said...

Looks lovely! The dine in option seems better than braving the crazy takeaway queue! Thanks for posting the recipe page - yours is the first post I've seen that included that and I'm glad to see what kinds of flavors they have! Those cute little boxes are so adorable as well

Food is our religion said...

Omg yes! I am not the biggest macaron fan out there BUT HOW AWESOME WERE TE RASPBERRY ONES! It literally a whack full of flav!

♥ Denise ♥ said...

When I first heard of Laduree coming to australia, I wanted to flight to Sydney instantly lol

Everything from Laduree looks so pretty and luxurious <3

missklicious said...

Christine - You're welcome! Hopefully the queues have subsided by now :)

Food is our religion - Haha, they were good!

Denise - Aww, yes, Sydney are quite lucky in that regard!